MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Introducing... ME

Hey,
So my name is Kayleigh, I'm 22 and I am a complete and utter book nerd. I own a book blog called K-Books and genuinely love blogging. I am a recent University Graduate with a degree in Psychology and a PGCE. That means I am actually a qualified teacher. EEP!

This blog is going to be really tough for me to write so don't expect lots of updates all the time.

So what a lot of people from the book community don't know about me is that I was severely bullied when in school and it had a lasting impression on me. I was constantly called fat and ugly by peers for around 7 years. It had a really lasting impression on me and I have suffered from major self-image issues ever since.

I am getting a lot better and it is all thanks to my family and friends. I owe them so much and wouldn't be here writing this post if it weren't for them.

The idea for this blog came from my ongoing battle with my weight and my fitness. I was finally feeling better about myself when my recent trip to the doctors they told me that clinically I am obese. It was a huge shock to me and my family. I don't think I any way look obese at all but this is a good shock as I was definitely on the way to being really unhealthy and it put me in the right direction to start doing something about my weight and my body image rather than just hiding and pretending that there was no issue.

This blog is basically going to be about my journey to a new happier and healthier me. Hence the name Health Nut Nerd. I'm hoping my lifestyle will change to be a health nut and hey... I'm always and will forever be a Nerd!
I will write about my diet, my exercise regime and my feelings while it is happening. It's going to be a tough ride for me but I am determined and motivated this time.
I will probably write about other things too. Things I'm interested in (other than books) and maybe even have a bit of beauty in there coz I am such a big girly girl and I heart me some cosmetics.

I hope you enjoy my new blog. This one will definitely be more me.

My Weight Stats:

Before I Started: 193lbs
Currently: 187 lbs
What I am Supposed to be: 136lbs


~ Kayleigh

4 comments:

  1. Followed you! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay Kay,
    I love you 100000000 % and I love the way you look! I am here to support you through everything. I too have to lose weight and I have been but I just don't feel right in my body. So we can take this journey together love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kay! I wasn't really bullied at school but there was a few sly comments about my weight but this year I am so much happier with my figure no where near the size I should be but getting there thanks to Zumba and gym and loads of walking. I also don't eat more than 5g/5% of fat unless I fancy something its worked for me maybe it will for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to following you on your journey! I'm sure it will inspire me. I've been wanting to lose some weight and be more healthy!

    ReplyDelete